Thursday, August 6, 2009

D.I.Y "porkchops" & "peaches" confetti...

I don't have this post scheduled, and even though it's midnight (way past my bedtime0 I'm putting it up. I just have to. Adorable DIY confetti! Almost as cute is the brides story behind it. Every detail is sweet, from the muslin bag to the tag, and, of course, the pig and peach shaped confetti!







All of our weddding guests (which included just 78 of our closest friends and immediate family) know that Ian and I have never call each other by our actual 'real' names... I call him "Porkchops" and he calls me "Peaches" (don't ask, it's a long story...ha). Since Porkchops & Peaches have become somewhat infamous pet names to those that know us (Ian even has the word "Porkchops" tattooed across the back of his arm in fancy script!), and have very special meaning to the two of us, I knew that I had to find a way to tie them in to the wedding details somehow.

After scouring the earth for a 'porkchop' shaped paper punch (which trust me, does not exist), I used a little pig punch instead and cut the little pig shapes out of pale pink cardstock. There are no paper punches of 'peaches' either, so I ended up finding an apple punch that could pass for a peach and used peach colored paper to help get the look I was going for even more. Since our wedding ceremony was all frothy whites, creams, neutrals and super pale, washed out pastels, I wanted there to be this explosion of color as Ian and I made our way back up the aisle as husband and wife, so I made sure that each of our guests had at least 2 BIG handfuls worth of confetti (about 100 punches per person (you do the math!). I found these adorable muslin pouches from an organic tea shop online, and printed these cute little tags that I made in Photoshop on to white cardstock; then looped them onto the drawstring of each baggie. Lastly, we placed each confetti filled pouch on top of a ceremony program and had them waiting on every guest's chair as they arrived at the ceremony!


2 comments:

  1. I know, right! Unfortunately for me, the Catholic churches in my diocese don't allow confetti. Alas...

    ReplyDelete